Monday, April 14, 2014

Life's Travels....

Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about a lot of things. First, I've been thinking about some of the experiences that has changed me forever. Losing my grandparents has been by far my greatest lost so far. I loved them dearly and miss them so much. Them never getting the chance to meet Miss Diva really breaks my heart.

Thinking about when I was a teenager, growing up in Newfoundland and the wonderful friends I had there. Moving was hard! Starting a new life,new friends, missing my boyfriend at the time was hard, we grew apart. Meeting friends and finally meeting Jason was when I became "OK" with Ontario.

If you would have asked me then , what I wanted to do career wise...I wanted to go to Law school. Wanted to live comfortably near water and have 2 children. Dreamed big!

Graduating from college was big for me. Finally done school! Getting married and ready to start my life with my bestfriend. I was excited. We got married, bought a house, a car and lived happy.We wanted children and started trying.

God's plan for our lives could be so completely different then what we plan.If you had asked me back then if I thought of adoption, I would have said no. Not that I was not for adopting, just most everyone thinks of having biological children first. If you told me that my children would be residing on the opposite side of the world, I more then likely would have laughed at you. I love children. I love my child. God make my heart heavy for orphans in China. It's so easy to forget about them until you see one, so easy to forget their name until hold one, so easy to forget where they call home until you walk the halls of a orphanage that your now daughter once called home.Love hurts, love is strong and now that we have committed to our son, we cannot wait to bring him home.

Some of the paths I've had to walk has not been easy but I would not chose one thing different. Patiently waiting for our son.

Love you little boy!

No comments: