Sunday, February 1, 2015

update on us!



so, we have had health concerns with weeman since coming home.
This kid eats like a grown man. His BM's were soft or very loose and I was afraid of a parasite in his tummy. I made a doctors appointment and Jason took him in. Doctor Winter doesn't seem to be that worried and said that kids with parasites don't usually gain weight. Weeman has gained 2.2 lbs in less than a month....I am going to try and not worry.

February 4th , he goes to McMaster to meet with the rest of the cleft team..audiologist , PEDs, and speech pathologist. Jason is taking him. I am sure shortly after, we will be assigned a surgery date.

Also, February 5th, Miss Diva will have her surgery. Jason is also taking her, along with Nanny Evelyn. We've decided to not drag weeman along to the hospital for the day. I will stay home with him and go down later that day. I am already an emotional basket case knowing I will not be there with her in OR. My heart is breaking but this is what's best for our family right now.

I also got some news about the thyroid, I've had a lump there for a few years now. It's not cancer, and that I thank god for everyday. It is however making me have hyper thyroid. I will need to do a procedure that will not permit me being around the kids for 48 hours. Cannot use the same bathroom, cannot wash our clothes together for 48 hours, not permitted to sleep with hubby, not use of the same cutlery and a few other things. I am not looking forward to this at all.

Otherwise, we are doing great! Weeman is settling in nicely. Going to bed without formula, going to bed some nights without help, starting to play independently. God is good!He is faithful to those who trust him and obey. I am so thankful for guidance and love. We are thrilled to have our son home!


No comments: