Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kidsability Appointment

Today was Miss Diva's first appointment with kidsability. They were very impressed with her and that her language was already developed so well. They are only concerned with certian sounds, like the S sound and the P sounds. I was given a very good "job well done" and told me I was doing an excellent job with her speech. Having another person telling me that, makes me feel like I am doing my job because I am doing the same sort of stuff with the daycare kids. I have had an awful few weeks with the daycare parents, and this just confirms that I am doing my job right.

Now, We just need to keep doing the same thing and expanding the words.

Also, yesterday was a little nerve wrecking. Miss Diva starting bleeding in her mouth and her nose and I started to freak a little. I called the cleft team in Hamilton and they suggested that I called the dentist on the team. I did that , and he wanted to see her @ 4 pm. Jason took her down to Hamilton to see what was happening. When he got there, they looked and couldn't see anything. So, then they did a x-ray. They found another tooth coming in right beside the cleft gum and that was it. There is a little infection , so they gave her meds for that and he said that if it dosen't stop bleeding in 6 weeks , to bring her back! Phew, I was a little worried that she had damaged her palate somehow.

With saying all that, I am thrilled to have her home and that I am the one that is there to help her with all this. We love u Miss Diva.xoxoxxo

No comments: