Saturday, October 26, 2013

McMaster visit

Did I ever mention how brave miss diva is? Well, let me remind you. Yesterday @ McMaster, Christina came to the waiting area where we were waiting. Sat on the chair beside Miss Diva and told her everything that was going to happen and the words she was going to want her to repeat. We followed Christina into the room. She looked at me with a worried face and I reassured her that everything was going to be okay. We then put the lead aprons on and put her on the table. They asked her to lay down and she did. She was nervous! I could see it written all over her face. I held her hand and told her I was going to stay with her.

Christina put a lead coat on me so I could stand beside her. She then put some cream up into Miss Diva nose, so it would run down her throat so that it would give a better x ray of the palate. She started to cry but when she realized I was still there. She smiled and blew me a kiss. I held her hand and Christina started saying the words.

After we were all done, we had a quick chance to talk and the palate isn't reaching the back of the throat to stop the air from escaping out her nose. This means one thing...more surgery. I was expecting this but hoping it wasn't the case.

We will hear from McMaster on Tuesday and iron out the details.

I know God will be with us but I am not looking forward to this.....

No comments: